Engineering at streetkickers
At streetkickers we want to change the career path of amateur football players and help them reach a professional level. How can we do it?
We want to build the ultimate football training app featuring professional training content and personalized workouts for young players around the world. The players are part of a global community of football players and enthusiasts where they can improve, share and benchmark their skills.
Our story started in Berlin, where we’re trying to get amateur and professional football clubs to use our product in their academies and schools. As a member of the streetkickers tech team, you will be exposed to a modern technology stack, where you will have not only to build a state of the art mobile app, but also solve interesting computer vision problems like goal or football tracking. Here you will find a big focus on developer happiness, continuously trying to automate processes and improve the engineering culture.
Join the streetkickers team and help us fulfill the dreams of young football players around the world!
What will you do?
You will work directly with the CTO and be responsible for the streetkickers platform API and infrastructure. You will prototype new ideas, design APIs, and contribute with best-in class programming skills to develop a highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile product.
In the long term you will be responsible for building, managing and mentoring the API Team at streetkickers.
Who are we looking for?
- 5+ years of relevant experience in API design and development
- 3+ years of relevant experience in architecting and automating cloud infrastructure
- A collaborative spirit and desire to work and improve with other human beings
- Solid test driven design and development (functional, integration, unit and smoke tests)
- Experience in understanding large code bases, including API design techniques to help keeping them maintainable
- Knowledge on UI and UX design principles and how they are influenced by a performant and well designed API
- Experience with Ruby, Python or other dynamic programming language
- Experience with caching mechanisms, message queues and API scalability
What you will work with
- RESTful APIs built with Ruby and Python, including functional test suites
- Test driven design and development using minitest and pytest
- Domain model and persistence layer built with PostgreSQL
- AWS cloud infrastructure automated with Terraform, Packer and Docker
- Continuous Integration and Deployment using Jenkins (Pipeline as Code)
Nice to haves
- BSc or MSc in Software Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field of study
- 1+ years managing a team of 3 to 5 engineers in an agile environment
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Redis
- Experience with AWS and Terraform
- Experience with OpenCV and TensorFlow
- Amateur or professional football training experience
Who you will work with
- Ibrahim Hamdy, CMO – linkedin.com/in/hamdyibrahim/
- Michael Breuer, CEO – linkedin.com/in/micabreuer/
- Nuno Pinge, CTO – linkedin.com/in/pinge/
- Sven Oppen, COO – linkedin.com/in/sven-oppen/
What we offer
- The opportunity to disrupt the amateur football industry
- Flexible working hours and possibility of doing home office twice a week
- 26 vacation days
- Team events and afterwork gatherings
- Open and transparent company culture
- A friendly team of colleagues that encourage diversity (so far we have german, egyptian and portuguese nationals)