Manager Communication & Brand at APX in Berlin
Founded in March 2018, APX is an early-stage cross-industries investor and Tailormade accelerator in Berlin. We’re looking for a full-time Brand & Communications Manager. Starting date as soon as possible.
Scope of your role
We are Europe’s most ambitious early-stage investor. We invest in 2-5 highly promising pre-seed or seed startups every month. The teams come from all over Europe, Israel and – in case of a meaningful APX contribution and impact – around the world. They build their businesses at the APX office for up to six months and engage with our Tailormade team to work on all investor readiness dimensions. We support the startups right then to secure follow-on funding, and also later on as part of our portfolio. Part of our work, we connect the founders with an ever-growing and precious network of investors, entrepreneurs, mentors, experts, or corporates.
We strongly believe in direct and content-based communication with all stakeholders. And we want to strengthen the position of APX as the #1 pre-seed investor in Europe. Your job focuses on the sustainable growth and development of the APX brand and our community, through courageous, straightforward, and authentic communication over all fitting channels.
You work closely with almost all APX colleagues ranging from dealflow and selection to Tailormade program and venture development, to portfolio management. You report to one of the MDs.
Your Responsibilities and Ownership
- Own and develop the APX brand and communication
- Host the most relevant startup and tech-focused community events
- Produce founder driven content across various platforms
- Develop the APX social media channels and website
- Work closely with APX colleagues to conceptualize and execute specific content formats in joint projects
- Coordinate interviews and press requests
- Communicate financing rounds of portfolio companies
- Maintain and evolve brand guidelines
- Produce branded material and merchandise
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Proactive “can-do” attitude and focus on constructive teamplay
- An analytical, structured way of working in a very dynamic environment
- Open-minded, curious, and hands-on mentality
- Outspoken and excited to represent APX
- Authentic and service-oriented
- Self-reflective and able to continuously challenge and improve methods
Your Skills and Experience
- Work experience in PR, communications, brand, marketing, or community management
- Understanding and/or profound interest in the start-up ecosystem and venture capital
- Strong communication skills. Fluent in English (= team language). German language skills are advantageous.
- A network of influencers and journalists in the startup world
- Ability to identify relevant topics in the startup world and build communication around them (events, posts, classic press relations)
- Ability to develop and execute intelligent, creative brand and communication concepts, independent of hierarchic structures
- A desire to drive entrepreneurship in the public and reach our stakeholders with fitting messages.
- Gain ownership of an integral part of APX operations
- Exploit substantial creative leeway to carry out smart ideas
- Become part of a forward-thinking, cooperative, international, and diverse team of colleagues and leadership
- Work from a high-energy, fast-moving office location
- Opportunity to extend and build your and our network of influencers, journalists and media.
- Connect with hungry founders at the forefront of technology
Join us on our way to becoming Europe’s most ambitious early-stage founder and tailormade accelerator program. We look forward to receiving your application. Please get in touch with us via email at email@example.com, and make sure to include
- A few sentences on why you’d like to work at APX in this role
- Your resume
- The earliest date on which you can join