Based in Berlin, APX is the leading very-early-stage VC backed by Axel Springer and Porsche, supporting the most ambitious founding teams from Europe and beyond – often as their first investor.
We are looking for a Legal Analyst for a minimum of 6 months, for 1-3 days per week. This is the ideal part-time opportunity – e.g. for law graduates – both as a first step into becoming a VC lawyer, a Venture Capitalist, or any other non-legal business profession.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Based in Berlin, APX invests across industries in the best founding teams building digital startups – often as their first investor. In addition to our financial investment, we provide startups with a tailor-made growth program to secure follow-on financing. APX’s two investors are Axel Springer and Porsche. Since 2018, we have invested in 70+ companies with founders from 20+ countries together with 100+ co-investors.
Our team is focused on finding and working with great startups, and your role is to support and be an active part of this. That means, we are looking for an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial mindset in a lawyer, who can combine the practical approach and legal knowledge and work with our team on multidisciplinary topics.
What you’ll be working on
As part of our closing and transactions team, you will need to communicate with the founders regularly, manage the investment processes for APX initial investments and help the team with all necessary steps from beginning to the closing of an investment process.
Your tasks include:
- Conducting legal due diligence of the startup;
- Preparing all additional questions and looking for creative solutions to issues identified during the due diligence process;
- Preparing the term sheet for investment;
- Preparing and managing all other necessary documents to undertake an investment;
- Helping the team with any issues arising from the investment process and organizing and storing documents and data when needed;
- and general coordination of founders and team members with any startup corporate governance-related tasks.
Who we’re looking for
- An open and communicative person, ready to take ownership of certain tasks;
- Legal background / a lawyer (ideally with some knowledge or experience in venture capital, but not mandatory);
- English is a must, German is a plus;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and proactive “can-do” attitude;
- A well organized and structured mindset, and a team player.
APX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind. We want to work with the best people no matter how they look, dress or speak, or whom they love, believe in, or aspire to. We are committed to building a team that represents various backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as we believe diverse teams with complementary skill sets make the strongest teams.
What we offer
- Hands-on experience and work with numerous early-stage startups supporting them throughout venture capital financing rounds;
- Become part of a forward-thinking, cooperative, international, and diverse team of colleagues in one of Europe’s leading early-stage investors.
- Work from a high-energy, fast-moving office location (given COVID-19, working remotely is of course possible).
- Connect with hungry founders at the forefront of technology.
- Build and engage with a comprehensive network of stakeholders, including investors, shareholders, mentors, and experts.
Join us on our mission to build a better future for digital startups building a better future for all of us.
Send us your application via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include:
- A few sentences on why you’d like to work at APX in this role,
- Your CV,
- The earliest date on which you can join.
We look forward to hearing from you!