We are seeking an intern to support our portfolio team at our Berlin office.
We are APX, an early-stage investor and start-up accelerator of Axel Springer and Porsche based in Berlin. Since April 2018, APX invests in international and diverse founding teams who challenge the status quo and seek to build global tech companies. From day one, we provide founders with valuable and often unique growth opportunities through our 100-day program and our international network of companies, mentors, experts, and investors.
The portfolio team
The portfolio team at APX is responsible for all investments in our companies after the 100-day program. We make sure that our companies find investors and close financing rounds by building a strong investor network and providing fundraising advice and support. Moreover, the portfolio team is responsible for deciding and executing follow-on investments of APX into our portfolio companies participating in subsequent financing rounds. We also make sure that our shareholders and management are regularly informed about the progress of our portfolio.
As an intern, you will support our portfolio team working hands-on with our investment managers supporting financing rounds and measuring the success of our portfolio. Your tasks include:
- Update our follow-on financing database and prepare monthly KPIs for our shareholders and management
- Build and maintain our startups’ cap tables
- Compile and update portfolio overviews that we share with other investors
- Support legal DD process
- Support the organization of investor events
- Conduct research on potential follow-on investors and update our CRM and Investor database accordingly
- Manage the setup of a new CRM system
- General support of APX portfolio team with financing rounds & research
- First practical experience in venture capital or finance
- MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Attention to detail and structured working style in a very dynamic environment
- Hands-on and proactive “can-do” attitude
- Fluent in German and English
If you are interested in the position, please send us your CV and a few words about yourself and why you would like to work with us:
We are looking forward to hearing from you!