APX is Europe’s leading pre-seed VC and accelerator program for very early-stage startups. We are looking for an ambitious, open-minded, and well-organized Campus Host who will be responsible for providing first-class support to 100 occupants of our office in Berlin. Starting date: as soon as possible.
Based in Berlin, APX invests across industries in the best founding teams building digital businesses – often as their first investor. We support founders with an investment of EUR 50K and access to our large network of more than 10,000 mentors, experts and investors in exchange for a five percent stake. On top, we offer a tailor-made growth program addressing the exact needs and challenges of each team.
Our brand new office is located in Berlin (Kreuzberg/Mitte), Europe’s hotspot for aspiring founders. It comprises open spaces – including an arena for events with meeting rooms and community areas. Seating and allocation of space are flexible and adaptive. Besides the APX team, the office is used by our portfolio startups that typically have 2-4 founders/employees.
We encourage ownership and responsibility and offer freedom and space to develop and execute your ideas in return. The environment is international, diverse, and ever-changing. We embrace straightforward communication, creative ideas, and pragmatic execution.
APX aims to have an energizing, productive, functional, and supportive campus, catering to different demands by different stakeholders.
You will take over the daily running of our office space, run the welcome desk, and will work with our campus and community managers to run and create a great place to work.
Optional (in case you are interested in this): As we are organizing several events per month you might also get involved in the topical organization.
- Running the Welcome Desk
- Running and maintaining the Campus operations (Access, Workspaces, IT & Tech)
- Access Control: management of access systems
- Visitor Management: processes and systems
- First point of contact for all campus members
- Onboarding and offboarding of new companies & colleagues
- Manuals and Procedures (sharing, updating)
- Management of short term rental contracts
- Organization of cleaning and maintenance of our offices
- Planning and purchasing of office supplies, furniture, and interior items
- Planning and purchasing of food and beverages
- Support in campus-related bookkeeping and invoicing
- Assisting with general administrative tasks
- Liaison with landlord’s facilities team
- Occupancy and utilization management
- Campus Constitution: Rules and habits creation and enforcement
- Continuous development of the best office space
Event Production Support
- Member of the event board
- On-campus event planning and execution including staffing, catering, technology when needed
- Organized, flexible and friendly (and tough when needed)
- Desire to create and maintain a friendly, productive and tidy environment (this is a tough one…)
- Ability and desire to prioritize and get things done
- Hands-on and proactive “can-do” attitude
- A great (compatible) taste when it comes to design and maintaining contemporary office spaces
Your Skills and Experience
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Fluent in English and German
- Ability to switch between startup and corporate environment
- Strong computer and internet knowledge: preferably acquainted with Google GSuite, MS Office 365 and groupware tools
- Love to work organized in a very dynamic environment
- An outgoing personality helps for this job
What we offer
- We are looking for someone who can join as soon as possible
- You will report to the Management Assistant & Manager of Campus & Operations
- We offer a competitive and dynamic package
- You will become part of an inclusive, international and high energy team
- You will work with ambitious, international founders that build exciting tech products
Join us on our mission to build a better future for digital startups building a better future for all of us.
APX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind. We want to work with the best people no matter how they look, dress or speak, or whom they love, believe in, or aspire. We are committed to building a team that represents various backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as we believe diverse teams with complementary skill sets make the strongest teams.
- A few sentences on why you’d like to work at APX in this role
- Your resume
- The earliest date on which you can join