We are looking for our Venture Developer
APX is looking for an experienced Venture Developer who will be in charge of actively supporting and coaching our portfolio startups. The Venture Developer will be their first point of contact for any business-related issue, and sparring partner to challenge their growth strategy, product development, or company funding.
Scope and goals
The founders we invest into are fully capable of building successful companies. We help them to be successful venture capital financed companies by coaching them to do the right things at the right times and providing learning, business, and financing opportunities. As venture developer, you focus on individually supporting the companies: You offer a sounding board, best practices, and relevant connections into our networks of investors, mentors, experts, and partners. In coordination with the program manager and our pitch trainer you create the best environment for young companies to secure follow-on investments and grow.
Responsibilities and ownership
- Interdisciplinary experience sharing, coaching, inspiration, and challenging of our portfolio companies as an integral part of our programs and investor readiness dimensions. This includes all aspects of starting a successful venture capital based company like business strategy and development, planning, financing strategy, product development and user acquisition and growth.
- Supporting the startups in development of KPIs and setting of goals, benchmarks, and measures and sharing best-practices along all investor readiness dimensions.
- Startup founders will interact directly with you, and it will be your responsibility to monitor and support the development of the companies
- Be part of sourcing, screening, and selection of startups to join our programs
- Ownership, management and continuous improvement of the existing venture development processes
- Help to grow our extensive network of investors, mentors and other partners
- Represent our company at events throughout Europe
- You will report to one of the managing directors
- Entrepreneurial spirit, experience, and hands-on mentality to drive our startups success
- Several years of experience working in a startup as a founder or in a leading position such as sales, online marketing or development
- Good knowledge in financial modelling and venture capital
- A strong existing network in the startup ecosystem, ideally not just in Berlin combined with a desire to continuously extend that network
- Hands-on and proactive “can-do” attitude
- Fluent in English. Any additional EU language is beneficial.
- In-depth knowledge of internet and mobile related technologies and models
- Structured working style in a very dynamic environment
- Ability to switch between startup- and corporate environment
What we have to offer:
- A great and diverse team and shareholders
- Flexible working hours (full-time or part-time)
- Growth environment
- Competitive package
We are APX, a new early stage investor and start-up accelerator of Axel Springer and Porsche based in Berlin. Our team built the Axel Springer Plug and Play Accelerator, through which we have invested in 102 digital start-ups over the past five years, have become a leading platform for start-up/corporate interaction, and won several awards. The Axel Springer Plug and Play portfolio consists of great companies such as N26, Careship, Nyris, and Zizoo and will be a vital network pillar for our new company.
Since April 2018, APX invests in international and diverse founding teams who challenge the status quo and seek to build global tech companies. Therefore, we are always on the lookout for outliers and continuously refine and optimize our selection filters. We focus on customer-centric digital business models and invest in a broad range of verticals. We do initial pre-seed and seed investments and are happy to follow-on. From day one, we provide founders with valuable and often unique opportunities through our program and our international network of companies, mentors, experts and investors.
The companies we invest in participate in our 100-day program in Berlin, which includes mentoring and coaching, workshops, networking events, office space, and plenty of business opportunities. Our shareholders and corporate partners are eager to work with our portfolio companies and support them with their global networks and expertise. On multiple occasions, portfolio companies pitch in front of local and international business angels and early-stage VCs. After the program, portfolio companies are able to use our co-working facilities in the heart of Berlin.
Join us on our way as a leading European start-up accelerator and early stage investor for digital business models and email us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org